Last Updated: January 29, 2019
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account through the Services, register to receive updates from us or a non-profit organization that you choose to follow through the KĀKOU mobile application (each, an "Organization"), participate in any interactive features of the Services, subscribe to an email list or newsletter, fill out a form, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect from you include:
· Account Information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, password, phone number, topics or issues that interest you, and any other information you choose to provide.
· Other Information You Choose to Provide, such as when you participate in a survey or promotion or use interactive features of the Services, or when you request technical or customer support.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use the Services, we automatically collect certain information, including:
· Log Information: We collect log information about your access to and use of the Services, such as your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, content viewed, actions taken, and links clicked.
· Mobile Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access and use the Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of the Services. With your consent, we also may access and collect information from certain native applications on your mobile device (such as your device's native email application) to facilitate your use of certain features of the Services. For more information about how you can control our access to these applications, please see "Your Choices" below.
· Location Information: With your consent, we may collect information about the location of your mobile device when you access and use the Services or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more details, please see "Your Choices" below.
· Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers may use various technologies to collect information about you, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the Services, see which areas and features of the Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in emails and help us to deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We also may obtain information from other sources and combine it with information we collect through the Services.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
· Provide, maintain and improve the Services;
· Facilitate your access to and use of the KĀKOU mobile application, including your engagement with and activities related to Organizations and legislation that is being considered by the Hawaii State Legislature;
· Facilitate your submission of public testimony regarding legislation that is being considered by the Hawaii State Legislature through KĀKOU mobile application;
· Provide you with the information and services you request from PRP or from Organizations, and send you related information, including confirmations;
· Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
· Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
· Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, surveys, and events offered by PRP, Organizations and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
· Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Services;
· Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and protect the rights and property of PRP, Organizations, and others;
· Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests; and
Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
· With the public in connection with your submission of public testimony through the KĀKOU mobile application regarding legislation that is being considered by the Hawaii State Legislature;
· With Organizations to facilitate your use of the KĀKOU mobile application and to enable you to receive information from or related to Organizations;
· With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or to perform services on our behalf;
· In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
· If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of PRP, Organizations, or others;
· In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
· Between and among PRP and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
· With your consent or at your direction.
We also may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take in the Services with other media. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please review the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Social Sharing Features
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We also may work with other websites or platforms (such as Facebook) to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign, unless you notify us that you prefer not to have information about you used in this way by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
PRP is based in the United States, and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
You may update or modify information about you at any time by logging into your account through the KĀKOU mobile application. If you wish to delete your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We also may retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
When you first launch the KĀKOU mobile application, you may be asked to consent to the application's collection of location information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile application, or certain features of the Services, may no longer function. You also may stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove the KĀKOU mobile application from your device.
Mobile Device Information
Some features of the KĀKOU mobile application may require access to certain native applications on your mobile device, such as the native email application (e.g., to send an email to an elected official). If you decide to use these features, we may ask for your specific consent prior to accessing these applications and collecting information. Note that you can manage any consents you provide by changing the settings on your mobile device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from PRP by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Push Notifications and Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device that are from PRP or an Organization. You can deactivate these notifications and alerts at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.